So, I’m guessing you’ve landed here because you’re thinking about getting yourself a pet dog, but can’t quite decide what you’d like or what might best suit you best?
Or maybe you just love the furry fellas and want to learn more about different breeds of dogs?
Whatever the reason, welcome and hello! Pupparazzi are Melbourne based Australian pet photographers who love photographing and socialising with dogs so we have quite a good insight into the personality traits and characters of different dog breeds. Some dogs are more suitable for children than others, and some dogs match an older persons quieter lifestyle perfectly – it all comes down to individual needs, cirumstances and preferences.
We’re definitely best at taking photos rather than giving you a full medical and social history of dogs, but we hope we can offer an interesting perspective on it. As with most important things in life, do plenty of research before you commit to a dog!
As fans of dog adoption and rehoming, we strongly suggest you take a look at your local rescue dogs home to try and help out by adopting a dog to their forever home rather than getting a puppy. Sure, puppies are cute, but an older dog that gets a second chance at life is going to love you just as much!!
Anyway, onward with our scamper though the dog breeds that we’ve met and played ball with. If there is a dog breed not already on the list, please drop us a line and if we we’ve encountered one or more we’ll let you know our thoughts on them.
Click the dog name to read more about the particular breed.
Bernese Mountain Dog
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Cavoodle are a manageable size for modern homes. They’re cuddly looking dogs, but don’t that fool you – they have plenty of energy to burn and don’t sit still for long!
- Cockapoo‘s are another small breed that are perfect for smaller homes and those with young kids. Cute, cuddly and great with kids.
- Chow Chow‘s are a breed that we don’t see too often in Australia, but they’re becoming increasingly popular and have an interesting history which influences many of their traits, even today. See our recent Chow Chow photos.
French Bulldog (Frenchie)
German Short Haired Pointer / pointer
- Groodle / Goldendoodle Whenever I see a Groodle in the street, I just want to give it a cuddle! Adorable looking dogs and very popular with families with children.
Jack Russell Terriers are fun little dogs with enormous energy. Pet photography with Jack Russells are always alot of fun and they’re always eager to chase a ball for an action shot.
King Charles Spaniel
- Labradoodle Like big teddy bears, Labradoodles are popular for their energetic, fun nature as well as their teddy bear coat.
- Schnoodle A mix of a Miniature Poodle and a Miniature Schnauzer, these little cuties are becoming increasingly popular with their high energy levels and adorable look.
- Spoodles are sociable dogs that love to be part of a family so make ideal dogs for children.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier (or Staffies as they’re more affectionately known)